Tuesday 24 July 2012

Living My Dreams!!!

          Right from the time I was a child, I knew I wanted to be a Teacher!!! 

         But as I grew young, the multiple job opportunities with lucrative offers surrounded me and the family and peer influence did matter! Somehow,I started ignoring my teaching aspirations and started hunting for jobs in corporate sector. I got selected for good posts in reputed companies , but I was not satisfied.



         I felt there is something lacking and the jobs didn't provide me satisfaction.So, I didn't go ahead with them .I took a break for months trying to probe within myself what exactly I was searching for ! One fine day, a friend told me about a vacancy for teacher's post in a school. I thought to myself  'something better than nothing' ! I joined there and on the first day itself, I became comfortable in that environment and started liking my job.


      I am at peace with myself now ! The kids make my day!!!  No matter how huge the amount of workload, it never really makes me tired. 
      I had my share of critics who didn't like me doing this job of teaching small kids, having done my masters, and that too for a meagre salary. But the worldly pressure couldn't budge me. I love the feeling I experience when they start writing words for the first time and then learn to read sentences on their own.  



      The most memorable moment for me was the Annual Day Preparations. From preparing the kids for the skit, to making them dance and preparing the props and the backdrop; everything was just such a bliss !

      The things which I held back from doing as a child ,due to my shy and introvert nature, I could do through my kids. I re-lived the fun and excitement through them. The appreciations and applause showered on them, made me feel proud and accomplished. I lived my dreams through my students ! 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Absolutely fantastic article.....I completely agree with u fatti nothing makes a person happy and satisfied when he or she is surrounded with innocent kids all day making them learn so many things and learning things from them...

      Delete